The Rt Hon. Stephen Dorrell, Chair of the NHS Confederation and former Secretary of State for Health and former Chair of the Health Select Committee, and Dwayne Johnson, Director of Adult Social Care, Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council have agreed to join our fantastic list of speakers at the Future of Ageing conference.
Dr Margaret McCartney, GP, author and regular contributor on Radio 4’s Inside Health, will also present at the conference. Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho of the Department of Ageing and Life Course at the World Health Organisation will also focus on health and care issues, taking a more global perspective.
Conference attendees will also hear from:
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- David Sinclair, Director, International Longevity Centre - UK
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2001
Join as at the Future of Ageing Conference on Wednesday, 9th November. Our Earlybird prices must end on 31st August, so sign up now to take advantage of this special discounted rate.
Date :24 August 2016
A new report providing a robust and unique examination into the benefits of music-based interventions for people with dementia is launched.
Date :18 January 2018
Innovating for Ageing: Just and ILC-UK launch new initiative to develop creative solutions for tackling vulnerability in later life
Date :16 January 2018
ILC-UK are inviting interested parties to offer a bid to help us update the ILC-UK website.
Date :20 December 2017
In May this year, ILC-UK conducted a study mission to Japan supported by our sister organisation, ILC-Japan, and funded by the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation and the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation.
Date :07 December 2017
Two complementary research reports published today by ILC-UK have both found that physical and mental illness at younger ages can have a significant impact on employment trajectories in later life.
Date :05 December 2017
A new report from the International Longevity Centre (ILC-UK), ‘Public health in Europe during the austerity years’, has identified early warning signs that austerity will affect health outcomes for decades to come.
Date :29 November 2017