We are offering an opportunity to gain insight into the workings of our small but dynamic team based in the heart of Westminster.
You will have good desk research skills, and excellent attention to detail. Any additional quantitative or qualitative research experience would be advantageous. Candidates should have high standards of written and spoken English, and an ability to write for both academic and lay audiences. You should have a good understanding and interest in the work that the ILC-UK undertakes (www.ilcuk.org.uk).
You must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). We are looking for someone who has a flexible attitude, who is comfortable working in a small team and who is able to adapt to new tasks with ease.
We are open to applications from recent graduates, or individuals looking for experience in a policy environment.
- To support the research team with a range of research activities, including information and evidence gathering, literature searches, general research, writing, referencing, formatting and dissemination
- To monitor relevant UK and regional policy and parliamentary activity, including horizon-scanning
- To assist on dissemination plans for projects and reports
- To provide research assistance on briefings for team members attending meetings and events
- To develop and produce blogs
- To attend and report back on conferences, meetings and events; and to network and build new contacts
- To support the wider ILC-UK team with events and administrative support where needed
Hours: 5 days a week, 35 hours (flexible for the right candidate)
Duration of contract: 12 weeks
Salary: £8.55/hour (London Living Wage)
Place of work: Normal place of work will be at the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) in Westminster, London.
Application deadline: Midday (12pm) Friday 30th August 2013
Interview date: Thursday 5th September 2013
Start date: Monday 9th September 2013
- Send a two page CV and covering letter to Jessica Watson on firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that the name of the position for which you are applying appears in the email subject field.
- If selected for interview you will be asked to produce a short sample of your written work.
Date :13 August 2013
The Communities and Local Government Committee has today released their report on Housing for Older People featuring oral and written evidence from Senior Research Fellow Dr Brian Beach.
Date :09 February 2018
The International Longevity Centre - UK hosts an annual full day conference to bring together representatives from Government, business, academia and civil society to discuss the Future of Ageing.
Date :05 February 2018
ILC-UK are recruiting for a Research Fellow to join the team
Date :29 January 2018
ILC-UK is recruiting for a Head of External Affairs to join the team
Date :28 January 2018
ILC-UK and the IFA express their concerns at the impact proposed changes to the childhood pneumococcal immunisation programme could have for rates of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease.
Date :28 January 2018