The ILC-UK is an independent, research led, think tank dedicated to addressing issues of longevity, ageing and demographic change. Based in the heart of Westminster, much of our work is directed at the highest levels of government in London, Europe and Internationally.
Our policy and research remit is broad, and covers everything from pensions and financial planning, to health and social care, housing design and the macroeconomic implications of population change. We are looking to recruit a full-time Researcher who can join part of our growing team in addressing some of the key demographic challenges of today.
We need a Researcher with excellent writing skills and a strong passion for policy to join our busy and expanding team. Experience in quantitative research or a background in economics would be beneficial but certainly not essential.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a genuine interest in the socioeconomic consequences of population ageing; an engaging writing style that can stimulate policy-makers; and an enquiring mind-set.
- Essential: Degree or Higher degree in Social Sciences with Research Methods Component including Quantitative Analysis.
- Essential: Has some experience of conducting research beyond an undergraduate degree – e.g. at post-graduate level, or experience working for a charity, think tank or business.
- Essential: Demonstrable experience of producing or contributing towards high quality reports in either an academic or policy context.
- Essential: Proven ability to write engaging articles, briefs and reports for different audiences in pressurised, tight deadline environments.
- Essential: Ability to work independently but to offer support and guidance to more junior members of the research team as well as work with other members of the team.
- Desirable: Experience of fundraising through leading on, or contributing to, tenders or project proposals from ideally a range of funders, including Government, academic trusts, foundations and charities.
- Desirable: Experience of the dissemination of research and the presentation of results in an academic, public or policy setting.
- Desirable: Experience of leading or contributing to tenders or projects proposals.
- Desirable: Demonstrable interest or experience of working on ageing related issues and a knowledge or interest of public policy environment in this field including policy development and the political process.
The ILC-UK envisages this post to be a full-time position but is happy to consider part-time arrangements, secondments or permanent placements for the right candidate. The post is initially offered on a year contract, with the strong possibility of extension and increase for the right candidate, who will then develop their own programs of work in ageing research.
Send a (maximum) two page CV and (maximum) one page covering letter to the Director of Research and Strategy at email@example.com ensuring that the name of the position appears in the email subject field.
If selected for interview you will be asked to produce a short sample of your written work.
5 days a week, 35 hours (flexible for the right candidate)
Midnight, Sunday 27th March 2016
Duration of contract
1 year contract with a 6 month review, and a strong possibility of extension and increase for the right person.
Week commencing Monday 18th April 2016
£22k - £25k, depending on experience
As soon as possible
Place of Work
Normal place of work will be at the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) in Westminster, London.
Please click on the below link to review the Job Description for this position.
Date :02 March 2016
Documents:Researcher - Job Description (PDF)
The Communities and Local Government Committee has today released their report on Housing for Older People featuring oral and written evidence from Senior Research Fellow Dr Brian Beach.
Date :09 February 2018
The International Longevity Centre - UK hosts an annual full day conference to bring together representatives from Government, business, academia and civil society to discuss the Future of Ageing.
Date :05 February 2018
ILC-UK are recruiting for a Research Fellow to join the team
Date :29 January 2018
ILC-UK is recruiting for a Head of External Affairs to join the team
Date :28 January 2018
ILC-UK and the IFA express their concerns at the impact proposed changes to the childhood pneumococcal immunisation programme could have for rates of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease.
Date :28 January 2018