The ILC-UK is an independent, research led, think tank dedicated to addressing issues of longevity, ageing and demographic change. Based in the heart of Westminster, much of our work is directed at the highest levels of government in London, Europe and internationally.
Our policy and research remit is broad, and covers everything from pensions and financial planning, to health and social care, housing design, and age discrimination. We are recruiting a part-time Finance Manager who will provide maternity cover to support our growing research and events team.
We are looking for an experienced, flexible and proactive candidate to support the Senior Management Team in managing the financials of the organisation. The post will be responsible for maintaining the current financial position of ILC-UK and ensuring we meet all financial regulatory requirements.
You must have excellent communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and be qualified or part-qualified in accountancy as well as have experience of using Sage Line 50. You should have a good understanding and interest in the work that the ILC-UK undertakes and this should be reflected in your covering letter (www.ilcuk.org.uk).
You must also have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). We are looking for someone who has a conscientious attitude, who is comfortable working in a small team.
- Essential: Minimum of AAT accounting qualification or studying towards a professional qualification, e.g., ACCA, CIMA or similar.
- Essential: Working experience of Sage Line 50, undertaking VAT returns and reporting to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Essential: Some knowledge of not for profit organisations and small companies’ statutory reporting requirements.
- Essential: Ability to work independently in a highly-pressured environment and to tight deadlines in a small team.
- Essential: Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Essential: IT literate including Microsoft Office.
- Essential: Experience dealing with confidential matters.
- Essential: Able to demonstrate the links between finance information and relevant business needs/uses.
- Desirable: Experience or interest in the field of longevity, demographics or ageing issues.
- Desirable: At least 2 year’s hands-on all round experience, dealing with all aspects of financial management in a small charity setting, including budget management.
Send a (maximum) two page CV and (maximum) one page covering letter to the Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that the name of the position appears in the email subject field. Please also confirm where you originally saw this advert.
2 days a week, 14 hours (flexibility on days/ hours per day)
Midnight, Sunday 1 May 2016
Duration of contract
12- 15 months (including handover period)
Friday 20 May 2016
Up to £35,000 per annum, pro rata.
Place of Work
Normal place of work will be at the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) in Westminster, London.
Please click on the below link to review the Job Description for this position.
Date :11 April 2016
Documents:Job Description - ILC-UK Finance Manager - Maternity Cover (PDF)
Innovating for Ageing: Just and ILC-UK launch new initiative to develop creative solutions for tackling vulnerability in later life
Date :16 January 2018
ILC-UK are inviting interested parties to offer a bid to help us update the ILC-UK website.
Date :20 December 2017
In May this year, ILC-UK conducted a study mission to Japan supported by our sister organisation, ILC-Japan, and funded by the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation and the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation.
Date :07 December 2017
Two complementary research reports published today by ILC-UK have both found that physical and mental illness at younger ages can have a significant impact on employment trajectories in later life.
Date :05 December 2017
A new report from the International Longevity Centre (ILC-UK), ‘Public health in Europe during the austerity years’, has identified early warning signs that austerity will affect health outcomes for decades to come.
Date :29 November 2017
Innovative new programme revealed at ILC-UK’s flagship “Future of Ageing” conference London
Date :28 November 2017