The ILC-UK is an independent, research led, think tank dedicated to addressing issues of longevity, ageing and demographic change. Based in the heart of Westminster, much of our work is directed at the highest levels of government in London, Europe and internationally.
Our policy and research remit is broad, and covers everything from pensions and financial planning, to health and social care, housing design, and age discrimination. We are recruiting a part-time Finance Manager who will provide maternity cover to support our growing research and events team.
We are looking for an experienced, flexible and proactive candidate to support the Senior Management Team in managing the financials of the organisation. The post will be responsible for maintaining the current financial position of ILC-UK and ensuring we meet all financial regulatory requirements.
You must have excellent communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail and be qualified or part-qualified in accountancy as well as have experience of using Sage Line 50. You should have a good understanding and interest in the work that the ILC-UK undertakes and this should be reflected in your covering letter (www.ilcuk.org.uk).
You must also have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). We are looking for someone who has a conscientious attitude, who is comfortable working in a small team.
- Essential: Minimum of AAT accounting qualification or studying towards a professional qualification, e.g., ACCA, CIMA or similar.
- Essential: Working experience of Sage Line 50, undertaking VAT returns and reporting to Companies House and the Charity Commission.
- Essential: Some knowledge of not for profit organisations and small companies’ statutory reporting requirements.
- Essential: Ability to work independently in a highly-pressured environment and to tight deadlines in a small team.
- Essential: Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Essential: IT literate including Microsoft Office.
- Essential: Experience dealing with confidential matters.
- Essential: Able to demonstrate the links between finance information and relevant business needs/uses.
- Desirable: Experience or interest in the field of longevity, demographics or ageing issues.
- Desirable: At least 2 year’s hands-on all round experience, dealing with all aspects of financial management in a small charity setting, including budget management.
Send a (maximum) two page CV and (maximum) one page covering letter to the Operations Director at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that the name of the position appears in the email subject field. Please also confirm where you originally saw this advert.
2 days a week, 14 hours (flexibility on days/ hours per day)
Midnight, Sunday 1 May 2016
Duration of contract
12- 15 months (including handover period)
Friday 20 May 2016
Up to £35,000 per annum, pro rata.
Place of Work
Normal place of work will be at the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) in Westminster, London.
Please click on the below link to review the Job Description for this position.
Date :11 April 2016
Documents:Job Description - ILC-UK Finance Manager - Maternity Cover (PDF)
We are recruiting for a temporary Events Coordinator to coordinate and support our busy events calendar for the remainder of 2018, build on our external communications and assist the Head of External Affairs on communications around our Future of Ageing conference.
Date :30 August 2018
New international report explores the relationship between life expectancy and productivity in developed countries.
Date :20 August 2018
ILC-UK are once again looking for someone to speak for 10 minutes on the plenary platform in front of 250 people at our annual Future of Ageing Conference (29th November, London).
Date :03 August 2018
“Auto-enrolment has successfully led to millions more saving each month towards a pension, but the Committee is right to call for action to get people saving more. We are pleased they support our recommendations to consider automatic escalation of pension contributions for some individuals, and we agree that a strategy is needed to automatically-enrol the self-employed."
Date :27 July 2018
Dr Brian Beach, Senior Research Fellow at ILC-UK and who gave oral evidence to the Committee, welcomes the Committee’s call for stronger action by Government and EHRC and says it’s crucial that employers understand what ageism really is.
Date :17 July 2018
“The latest Fiscal Sustainability Report makes it very clear that we are facing an uncertain future. Demographic pressures are set to continue to dominate the agenda, with health, pension and adult social care spending all set to rise as a proportion of total GDP."
Date :17 July 2018