We are offering an opportunity to gain insight into the workings of our small but dynamic team based in the heart of Westminster.
You will have excellent written and spoken English along with impeccable attention to detail. Some experience of event coordination and social media in desirable, and you will be interested in developing these skills further. You should have a general understanding and interest in the work that the ILC-UK undertakes (www.ilcuk.org.uk).
You must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and be comfortable learning new programmes. A knowledge of CMS is desirable but not essential.
You will be confident researching and gathering news articles related to the work of ILC-UK and collating them into a professional and functional format.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible attitude, who is comfortable working in a small team and who is able to adapt to new tasks with ease.
- To monitor and collate ILC-UK press coverage.
- To assist the Office and Events Coordinator with administration and management of events.
- To assist the Office and Events Coordinator with on-the-day event logistics.
- To attend and report back on conferences and events; and to network and build new contacts.
- To contribute to the maintenance of ILC-UK’s website and social media visibility.
- To contribute to the development of ILC-UK events and communications strategies.
- To maintain office communications through email, fortnightly updates and meeting minutes.
- To support the wider ILC-UK team with events, communications and administrative support where needed.
Hours: 5 days a week, 35 hours (flexible for the right candidate)
Duration of contract: 8 weeks
Salary: £8.55/hour (London Living Wage)
Place of work: Normal place of work will be at the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) in Westminster, London.
Application deadline: Midday (12pm) Friday 30th August 2013
Interview date: Thursday 5th September 2013
Start date: Monday 9th September 2013
- Send a two page CV and covering letter to Lyndsey Mitchell on email@example.com ensuring that the name of the position for which you are applying appears in the email subject field.
Date :13 August 2013
The International Longevity Centre – UK (ILC-UK) and Just Group have analysed the submissions and created a shortlist to take forward that helps deal with ageing issues such as cognitive decline, failing physical health, loneliness and digital exclusion.
Date :12 June 2018
We are looking for an experienced, flexible and proactive candidate to support the Senior Management Team in managing the financials of the organisation.
Date :11 June 2018
Date :18 May 2018
However, the analysis also finds the higher the proportion of over 70s in a local population, the higher the rate of productivity growth
Date :11 May 2018
Just and ILC-UK ‘Innovating for Ageing’ project calls for submissions on problems relating to consumer vulnerability
Date :06 April 2018
Life expectancy and health outcomes worsen the more deprived an area or population is, new research from Cass Business School has found.
Date :27 March 2018