We are offering an opportunity to gain insight into the workings of our small but dynamic team based in the heart of Westminster.
You will have excellent written and spoken English along with impeccable attention to detail. Some experience of event coordination and social media in desirable, and you will be interested in developing these skills further. You should have a general understanding and interest in the work that the ILC-UK undertakes (www.ilcuk.org.uk).
You must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and be comfortable learning new programmes. A knowledge of CMS is desirable but not essential.
You will be confident researching and gathering news articles related to the work of ILC-UK and collating them into a professional and functional format.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible attitude, who is comfortable working in a small team and who is able to adapt to new tasks with ease.
- To monitor and collate ILC-UK press coverage.
- To assist the Office and Events Coordinator with administration and management of events.
- To assist the Office and Events Coordinator with on-the-day event logistics.
- To attend and report back on conferences and events; and to network and build new contacts.
- To contribute to the maintenance of ILC-UK’s website and social media visibility.
- To contribute to the development of ILC-UK events and communications strategies.
- To maintain office communications through email, fortnightly updates and meeting minutes.
- To support the wider ILC-UK team with events, communications and administrative support where needed.
Hours: 5 days a week, 35 hours (flexible for the right candidate)
Duration of contract: 8 weeks
Salary: £8.55/hour (London Living Wage)
Place of work: Normal place of work will be at the International Longevity Centre-UK (ILC-UK) in Westminster, London.
Application deadline: Midday (12pm) Friday 30th August 2013
Interview date: Thursday 5th September 2013
Start date: Monday 9th September 2013
- Send a two page CV and covering letter to Lyndsey Mitchell on email@example.com ensuring that the name of the position for which you are applying appears in the email subject field.
Date :13 August 2013
New data analysis reveals the vast market for health apps – including the 760,000 ‘living fast, dying young’ under 40s who smoke, drink frequently, have a smart phone and regularly use the internet.
Date :19 September 2018
We are recruiting for a temporary Events Coordinator to coordinate and support our busy events calendar for the remainder of 2018, build on our external communications and assist the Head of External Affairs on communications around our Future of Ageing conference.
Date :30 August 2018
New international report explores the relationship between life expectancy and productivity in developed countries.
Date :20 August 2018
ILC-UK are once again looking for someone to speak for 10 minutes on the plenary platform in front of 250 people at our annual Future of Ageing Conference (29th November, London).
Date :03 August 2018
“Auto-enrolment has successfully led to millions more saving each month towards a pension, but the Committee is right to call for action to get people saving more. We are pleased they support our recommendations to consider automatic escalation of pension contributions for some individuals, and we agree that a strategy is needed to automatically-enrol the self-employed."
Date :27 July 2018
Dr Brian Beach, Senior Research Fellow at ILC-UK and who gave oral evidence to the Committee, welcomes the Committee’s call for stronger action by Government and EHRC and says it’s crucial that employers understand what ageism really is.
Date :17 July 2018