The International Longevity Centre – UK (ILC-UK) is organising its first major all day conference on The Future of Ageing, on Tuesday 24th November 2015 in London.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Baroness Altmann (Minister or Pensions);
- Professor Sir Mark Walport (Government Chief Scientific Adviser [GCSA] and Head of the Government Office for Science);
- David Willetts (Executive Chair at Resolution Foundation, and former Minister of State [Department for Business, Innovation and Skills]);
- Lord Filkin (Chair of the Centre for Ageing Better and Chair of the House of Lords Committee on Public Service and Demographic Change);
- Paul Johnson (Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies);
- Steve Groves (Chief Executive Officer at Partnership);
- Professor Jane Elliott (Chief Executive, Economic and Social Research Council);
- Steven Baxter (Partner, Hymans Robertson); and
- Professor Ian Philp (Deputy Medical Director for Older People’s Care, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust) will be speaking at the conference.
The conference will be chaired by Baroness Sally Greengross (Chief Executive, ILC-UK) and Lawrence Churchill (Trustee, ILC-UK).
ILC-UK are grateful to McCarthy & Stone and Partnership for their sponsorship of this conference.
Bookings can be made through the ILC-UK website.
Date :09 October 2015
Innovating for Ageing: Just and ILC-UK launch new initiative to develop creative solutions for tackling vulnerability in later life
Date :16 January 2018
ILC-UK are inviting interested parties to offer a bid to help us update the ILC-UK website.
Date :20 December 2017
In May this year, ILC-UK conducted a study mission to Japan supported by our sister organisation, ILC-Japan, and funded by the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation and the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation.
Date :07 December 2017
Two complementary research reports published today by ILC-UK have both found that physical and mental illness at younger ages can have a significant impact on employment trajectories in later life.
Date :05 December 2017
A new report from the International Longevity Centre (ILC-UK), ‘Public health in Europe during the austerity years’, has identified early warning signs that austerity will affect health outcomes for decades to come.
Date :29 November 2017
Innovative new programme revealed at ILC-UK’s flagship “Future of Ageing” conference London
Date :28 November 2017