Thursday, 29th November 2018
Copthorne Tara Hotel London, Kensington W8 5SY
ILC-UK are once again looking for someone to speak for 10 minutes on the plenary platform in front of 250 people at our annual Future of Ageing Conference (29th November, London).
We are looking for someone who:
- Will focus on the future
- Wants to present on an issue which doesn’t get enough visibility
- Wants to make an argument and suggest policy change
Last year’s Open Slot winners were:
- Dr Robin Hadley, Co-Founder, Ageing Without Children who discussed “What to do about the MAWFIA (Men Ageing Without Family: Invisible and Alienated?)”
- Dr Georgina Binnie, Impact and Research Fellow, Writing Back Project, University of Leeds who talked about “Transforming Age-Related Expectations One Letter at a Time”
- Adrian Boulding, Director of Policy, NOW: Pensions who discussed, ‘How to fund a National Care Service’
If you would like to apply to take us up on this opportunity, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with under 200 words summarising what you would like to say. Deadline for entrants is Monday 3rd September 2018.
For more information about the Future of Ageing Conference and to register to attend, visit www.futureofageing.org.uk
The line-up of speakers confirmed so far include:
- Caroline Dinenage MP, Minister of State for Care
- Baroness Ruth Lister
- Caroline Abrahams, Age UK
- Gary Day, McCarthy and Stone
- Dr Paul Dornan, Department of International Development at Oxford University
- John Godfrey, Legal & General
- Ashwin Kumar, Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Nick Sanderson, Audley.
- Professor Andrew Scott, London Business School
- David Sinclair, International Longevity Centre - UK
Additional confirmed speakers will be announced shortly.
McCarthy & Stone and EY are confirmed as our first sponsors of Future of Ageing 2018. If you want to join them as a sponsor email Lyndsey Mitchell at email@example.com
Date :03 August 2018
A thriving older population is being failed by products and services which have been left behind by their changing needs, finds a new Commission set up by specialist think tank ILC-UK with support from Audley Group and EY.
Date :27 September 2018
Commenting on the latest data from the ONS which suggests life expectancy progress in the UK 'stops for the first time', Jon Date, Head of External Affairs at the specialist think tank the International Longevity Centre - UK (ILC-UK), said:
Date :25 September 2018
Two new keynote speakers announced for 29th November - Michael Kreft von Byern of Europa Park and Norwegian Minister for the Elderly and Public Health Åse Michaelsen
Date :24 September 2018
New data analysis reveals the vast market for health apps – including the 760,000 ‘living fast, dying young’ under 40s who smoke, drink frequently, have a smart phone and regularly use the internet.
Date :19 September 2018
We are recruiting for a temporary Events Coordinator to coordinate and support our busy events calendar for the remainder of 2018, build on our external communications and assist the Head of External Affairs on communications around our Future of Ageing conference.
Date :30 August 2018
New international report explores the relationship between life expectancy and productivity in developed countries.
Date :20 August 2018