A new paper “Still not Ready for Ageing” by the Ready for Ageing Alliance (R4AA), of which the ILC-UK is a member, argues that Government action on tackling the challenges and maximising the opportunities of ageing has stalled.
Click here to download the report.
The ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference will explore many of the issues raised by the Ready for Ageing Alliance.
Confirmed speakers include:
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing, Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- Dr Margaret McCartney, GP and regular contributor on Radio 4’s Inside Health
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- David Sinclair, Director, International Longevity Centre - UK
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities at the Future of Ageing conference, click here for further details on the options available, or contact Office and Events Manager Lyndsey Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date :26 September 2016
Innovating for Ageing: Just and ILC-UK launch new initiative to develop creative solutions for tackling vulnerability in later life
Date :16 January 2018
ILC-UK are inviting interested parties to offer a bid to help us update the ILC-UK website.
Date :20 December 2017
In May this year, ILC-UK conducted a study mission to Japan supported by our sister organisation, ILC-Japan, and funded by the Daiwa Anglo-Japanese Foundation and the Great Britain Sasakawa Foundation.
Date :07 December 2017
Two complementary research reports published today by ILC-UK have both found that physical and mental illness at younger ages can have a significant impact on employment trajectories in later life.
Date :05 December 2017
A new report from the International Longevity Centre (ILC-UK), ‘Public health in Europe during the austerity years’, has identified early warning signs that austerity will affect health outcomes for decades to come.
Date :29 November 2017
Innovative new programme revealed at ILC-UK’s flagship “Future of Ageing” conference London
Date :28 November 2017