A new paper “Still not Ready for Ageing” by the Ready for Ageing Alliance (R4AA), of which the ILC-UK is a member, argues that Government action on tackling the challenges and maximising the opportunities of ageing has stalled.
Click here to download the report.
The ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference will explore many of the issues raised by the Ready for Ageing Alliance.
Confirmed speakers include:
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing, Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- Dr Margaret McCartney, GP and regular contributor on Radio 4’s Inside Health
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- David Sinclair, Director, International Longevity Centre - UK
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities at the Future of Ageing conference, click here for further details on the options available, or contact Office and Events Manager Lyndsey Mitchell email@example.com.
Date :26 September 2016
The Communities and Local Government Committee has today released their report on Housing for Older People featuring oral and written evidence from Senior Research Fellow Dr Brian Beach.
Date :09 February 2018
The International Longevity Centre - UK hosts an annual full day conference to bring together representatives from Government, business, academia and civil society to discuss the Future of Ageing.
Date :05 February 2018
ILC-UK are recruiting for a Research Fellow to join the team
Date :29 January 2018
ILC-UK is recruiting for a Head of External Affairs to join the team
Date :28 January 2018
ILC-UK and the IFA express their concerns at the impact proposed changes to the childhood pneumococcal immunisation programme could have for rates of Invasive Pneumococcal Disease.
Date :28 January 2018