A new paper “Still not Ready for Ageing” by the Ready for Ageing Alliance (R4AA), of which the ILC-UK is a member, argues that Government action on tackling the challenges and maximising the opportunities of ageing has stalled.
Click here to download the report.
The ILC-UK Future of Ageing conference will explore many of the issues raised by the Ready for Ageing Alliance.
Confirmed speakers include:
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing, Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
- The Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, Chair, NHS Confederation
- The Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- Dr Margaret McCartney, GP and regular contributor on Radio 4’s Inside Health
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
- David Sinclair, Director, International Longevity Centre - UK
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities at the Future of Ageing conference, click here for further details on the options available, or contact Office and Events Manager Lyndsey Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date :26 September 2016
New data analysis reveals the vast market for health apps – including the 760,000 ‘living fast, dying young’ under 40s who smoke, drink frequently, have a smart phone and regularly use the internet.
Date :19 September 2018
We are recruiting for a temporary Events Coordinator to coordinate and support our busy events calendar for the remainder of 2018, build on our external communications and assist the Head of External Affairs on communications around our Future of Ageing conference.
Date :30 August 2018
New international report explores the relationship between life expectancy and productivity in developed countries.
Date :20 August 2018
ILC-UK are once again looking for someone to speak for 10 minutes on the plenary platform in front of 250 people at our annual Future of Ageing Conference (29th November, London).
Date :03 August 2018
“Auto-enrolment has successfully led to millions more saving each month towards a pension, but the Committee is right to call for action to get people saving more. We are pleased they support our recommendations to consider automatic escalation of pension contributions for some individuals, and we agree that a strategy is needed to automatically-enrol the self-employed."
Date :27 July 2018
Dr Brian Beach, Senior Research Fellow at ILC-UK and who gave oral evidence to the Committee, welcomes the Committee’s call for stronger action by Government and EHRC and says it’s crucial that employers understand what ageism really is.
Date :17 July 2018