Confirmed speakers include:
- John Cridland CBE, Head of the Independent State Pension Age Review
- The Rt Rev. and the Rt Hon. the Lord Carey of Clifton, Archbishop of Canterbury 1991-2002
- Professor Sarah Harper, Director, Oxford Institute of Population Ageing
- Linda Woodall, Director of Life Insurance and Financial Advice, and sponsor of the Ageing Population project, Financial Conduct Authority
- Dr Margaret McCartney, GP and regular contributor on Radio 4’s Inside Health
- Dwayne Johnson, Director of Social Care and Health at Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council
- John Pullinger CB, National Statistician, UK Statistics Authority
- Jonathan Stevens, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- David Sinclair, Director, ILC-UK
- Dr Islene Araujo de Carvalho, Senior Policy and Strategy Adviser, Department of Ageing and Life Course, WHO
For more information, contact Dave Eaton at ILC-UK on 020 7340 0440 or email@example.com.
ILC-UK are grateful to McCarthy & Stone for their sponsorship of this conference.
The conference will take place at: Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London, SW1H 9NH
To purchase your ticket, please click here to access our 2016 event page.
On Friday 12th February 2016, the ILC-UK published a report based on the information presented at the 2015 Future of Ageing conference, guest blogs written for our Future of Ageing series, and research and analysis from ILC-UK. To download the full report, please click here.
The International Longevity Centre – UK (ILC-UK) is a futures organisation focussed on some of the biggest challenges facing Government and society in the context of demographic change.
We ask difficult questions and present new solutions to the challenges and opportunities of ageing. We undertake research and policy analysis and create a forum for debate and action.
We also host an annual Future of Ageing Conference to assemble representatives from Government, business, academia and civil society to discuss how the UK can meet the challenges and the opportunities of a rapidly ageing society.
Date :13 October 2016
New data analysis reveals the vast market for health apps – including the 760,000 ‘living fast, dying young’ under 40s who smoke, drink frequently, have a smart phone and regularly use the internet.
Date :19 September 2018
We are recruiting for a temporary Events Coordinator to coordinate and support our busy events calendar for the remainder of 2018, build on our external communications and assist the Head of External Affairs on communications around our Future of Ageing conference.
Date :30 August 2018
New international report explores the relationship between life expectancy and productivity in developed countries.
Date :20 August 2018
ILC-UK are once again looking for someone to speak for 10 minutes on the plenary platform in front of 250 people at our annual Future of Ageing Conference (29th November, London).
Date :03 August 2018
“Auto-enrolment has successfully led to millions more saving each month towards a pension, but the Committee is right to call for action to get people saving more. We are pleased they support our recommendations to consider automatic escalation of pension contributions for some individuals, and we agree that a strategy is needed to automatically-enrol the self-employed."
Date :27 July 2018
Dr Brian Beach, Senior Research Fellow at ILC-UK and who gave oral evidence to the Committee, welcomes the Committee’s call for stronger action by Government and EHRC and says it’s crucial that employers understand what ageism really is.
Date :17 July 2018