1. Argue (or agree) with our academic experts including: Professor Debora Price; Professor Andrew Scott; Professor Alan Johnson; Professor Tom Scharf; Professor Jonathan Portes.
2. Hear from Parliamentarians, past and present including: Rt Hon Dame Margaret Hodge MP; Lord Best; Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell; and Baroness Sally Greengross.
3. Gain insight from industry experts in housing, pensions, technology and care.
4. Be among the first to hear about our work on health and austerity, with new research launched on the day.
5. Debate the big issues including:
- How can we save the NHS?
- How we can maximise the economic contribution of older people?
- How can the housing industry innovate for tomorrow's older consumers?
- Filling the skills gaps: Migration, more older workers, or both?
- Can technology drive innovation in pensions, health and care?
- Is Anti-microbial resistance a threat to longevity – and what can we do about it?
- Is the future less or more ageist?
6. Chat and network with 250 colleagues interested in the future of ageing over food from the Chickpea Sisters, a catering company run by refugee and migrant women.
7. Discuss end of life issues at our lunchtime “Death Café”.
8. Join us for a drinks reception at the end of the day to plot next steps.
9. Hear the three winners of our “open slot” competition discuss intergenerational projects, the implications of men ageing without children and how to fund social care.
10. Discover your role in ensuring that the UK is finally ready for our rapidly ageing population.
Date :08 November 2017
We are recruiting for a temporary Events Coordinator to coordinate and support our busy events calendar for the remainder of 2018, build on our external communications and assist the Head of External Affairs on communications around our Future of Ageing conference.
Date :30 August 2018
New international report explores the relationship between life expectancy and productivity in developed countries.
Date :20 August 2018
ILC-UK are once again looking for someone to speak for 10 minutes on the plenary platform in front of 250 people at our annual Future of Ageing Conference (29th November, London).
Date :03 August 2018
“Auto-enrolment has successfully led to millions more saving each month towards a pension, but the Committee is right to call for action to get people saving more. We are pleased they support our recommendations to consider automatic escalation of pension contributions for some individuals, and we agree that a strategy is needed to automatically-enrol the self-employed."
Date :27 July 2018
Dr Brian Beach, Senior Research Fellow at ILC-UK and who gave oral evidence to the Committee, welcomes the Committee’s call for stronger action by Government and EHRC and says it’s crucial that employers understand what ageism really is.
Date :17 July 2018
“The latest Fiscal Sustainability Report makes it very clear that we are facing an uncertain future. Demographic pressures are set to continue to dominate the agenda, with health, pension and adult social care spending all set to rise as a proportion of total GDP."
Date :17 July 2018