Tuesday 24th February 2015; 10:00 - 16:00; ILC-UK, 11 Tufton Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 3QB
A one day workshop to help individuals and organisations to maximise their understanding of the impact of our ageing society.
This workshop will incorporate expert presentations and discussion on:
- How our society is ageing? [Understanding demographic change]
- What are the implications of ageing for our economy? [older consumers; macro-economic impact of ageing; older workers]
- How are policymakers and companies responding to the challenges of ageing?
- The future opportunities and challenges of ageing?
The interactive workshop will be limited to 15 participants to allow for discussion. Discussion time will provide an opportunity for you to discuss and consider the impact of demographic change on you and your organisation.
Why should I attend?
Gain a rapid introduction into ageing research and policy in just one day
Network with other organisations interested in ageing
Understand the potential opportunities and challenges which emerge from an ageing society including:
- the myths and realities of the older consumer
- the importance of health and care in an ageing society
- the international context of ageing
- the role of older workers
- the role of public policy
- the role of the private and voluntary sector
- supporting strong intergenerational relations
Who should attend?
Individuals or organisations:
- Interested in a rapid introduction to ageing policy and research
- Interested in marketing to older consumer
- Interested in how the ageing society will impact on society
- Interested in managing an older workforce
- Interested in working with older people
This course will be suitable for people completely new to ageing and to those who want to develop their knowledge and thinking on the issues and challenges ahead.
The first workshop will take place in central London on Tuesday 24th February 2015; 10:00 - 16:00. Lunch will be included.
Attendance at workshop:
£250+VAT (not for profit)
Free (ILC-UK Partners Programme Members)
Interested parties must register to attend this course below. We will be unable to accept drop-ins on the day.
There is a £50 non-refundable charge on all bookings.
Cancellations within 7 days of the course will be charged 50% of the full cost
Cancellations within 1 day of the course are non-refundable
ILC-UK organise bespoke workshops for organisations and companies, specifically designed to your interests. For example, we will run future sessions on specific aspects of ageing (e.g. dementia; older workers; economics of ageing). ILC-UK also run workshops and present to Corporate and Charity Board’s on the opportunities and challenges of ageing. Please contact David Sinclair for more information.