Thursday, 30th June 2016; 14:15 (for a 14:30 start) – 16:30; House of Lords
We are delighted to be holding the launch of a provocative new exploration of public service provision, the welfare state and democratic governance in the 21st century.
‘The future of the UK welfare state’, our new landmark publication, supported by Munich Re, will be launched on Thursday 30th June 2016. To mark the launch we are inviting parliamentarians, policy makers, academics and members of the press to the House of Lords to hear some of our contributors provide a brief outline of their essays.
As a futures organisation focussed on some of the biggest challenges facing Government and society in the context of demographic change, the ILC-UK is proud to launch this examination of such key policy challenges as the housing market in an ageing population, education in the 21st century, creating a sustainable welfare system and adapting to fundamental shifts in the labour market.
Speakers for this event include:
- Ben Franklin, Head of Economics of Ageing, ILC-UK
- Prof. Elsa Fornero, Chair of Economics, University of Turin
- George Magnus, Senior Independent economic adviser to UBS, and Associate of the China Centre of Oxford University
- Lord Best, Chair, All Party Parliamentary Group for Housing and Care for Older People
- Dr Andy Tarrant, Head of Policy at BandCE, Provider of the Peoples Pension
- Rt Hon. Steve Webb, Director of Policy and External Communications, Royal London
- Norma Cohen, PhD Candidate and former Demography Correspondent, The Financial Times
- John Philpott, Director, The Jobs Economist
- Nusrat Ghani MP, Chair, All Party Parliamentary Group for Ageing and Older People
This event is now at capacity. If you would like to add your details to the waiting list via the button below:
Director, International Longevity Centre - UK