Wednesday, 29th November 2017, Amnesty International Human Rights Action Centre, 25 New Inn Yard
London, EC2A 3EA
Time for Transformation, a new ‘normal’ – where society has aligned and adapted to the fact we are living longer.
The world is going through turbulent times. But one thing is certain – it is getting older.
ILC-UK has been active for 16 years and have witnessed some significant change over this time. Yet progress has been far too slow and we are still talking about issues which should have been solved 10 years ago.
This conference will aim to reinvigorate those of us already convinced of the importance of ageing. But to achieve the transformation we need must reach beyond the usual suspects. We need businesses, entrepreneurs, people managers, and marketing professionals to work with the charity sector and policy makers and politicians to deliver change. And we need to help provide the evidence to make the case for action.
Our third conference will seek to kick-start that transformation. It won’t be a run of the mill “ageing” conference. It will be different. We will challenge and energise you. We want the conference to lead to change.
If we are to make the most of the opportunity of age we need to engage businesses and community leaders to act.
We want everyone to come away learning something new and with a plan to act. We will set the groundwork to inspire and support government, business and voluntary organisations to better prepare, adapt and prosper in a longer-lived society. The conference will reach new businesses and other stakeholders.
You will disagree with some of what our presenters have to say. That’s fine, the Future of Ageing Conference is a place to have these honest debates. And you will get the opportunity to have your say.
The Future of Ageing Conference will
- be brave enough to have the honest conversations we need to have
- convene experts and innovators
- challenge our own prejudices and yours
- debate some of the big issues
- avoid stereotyping. We won’t let people generalise about older or younger people or even about cohorts. Saying “The baby boomers X” will be banned
- debating the evidence rather than present it
- avoid “the ageing Cliché”
- try and cause mischief and have some fun
- invite unexpected contributors to talk about the big and familiar issues
- challenge every speaker
- Insist speakers focus on the transforming tomorrow today.
But we won’t...
- repeat what people already know. Before the conference delegates will get a short factpack setting out the evidence
- allow presenters to show us showing population pyramids (we all know we are ageing)
- pretend that ageing is always good and that old age is always the best time of our lives. Too many older people spend too much of their time alone, in poor health, with only the TV for company
- let people say “The fact we are living longer is a good thing”. It doesn’t need to be said. And it undermines the fact that for too many people today, old age isn’t a good or happy time
- try to sex up ageing or pretend there are simple solutions
- let anyone use imagery of older people’s hands in their presentation. And we won’t have any smiling studio shots of older people on the beach.
£235+VAT (Early Bird Rate, valid until the 31st August 2017)
£299+VAT (Full Rate, from the 1st September 2017)
Charity/ Not for Profit/ Uni /Individuals Rate
£155+VAT (Early Bird Rate, valid until the 31st August 2017)
£210+VAT (Full Rate, from the 1st September 2017)
£110+VAT (no further discount applicable)
If you are a member of the ILC-UK Partners Programme, please contact us at email@example.com for a Partners Programme Discount Code.
CANCELLATIONS AND BOOKING AMENDMENTS
There is a £50 non-refundable charge on all bookings.
Cancellations within 14 days of the conference will be charged 50% of the purchased cost.
Cancellations within 7 days of the conference are non-refundable.
If you wish to transfer your ticket to a colleague, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a range of sponsorship, advertising and promotional opportunities to suit your company's objectives and budget. Our team are dedicated to understanding your aims and will help to put together a bespoke package to suit your needs.
Please contact Fabiana Bertin or Dave Eaton on 0207 340 0440 or email@example.com for more information.
We are grateful to McCarthy & Stone and EY for their sponsorship of this conference.
Conference supported by:
Speech to text services, kindly donated by Action on Hearing Loss: