Monday, 13th July 2015; 18.00 – 20:00; 34th Floor, BT Tower, 45 Maple Street, London, W1T 4JZ
We are delighted to invite you to the launch of our new report - Designing solutions for an ageing society.
We are grateful to BT for hosting this evening reception.
The ILC-UK has been working together with the Institution of Engineering and Technology and the Engineering Design Centre at the University of Cambridge to explore the potential for design and technology to meet the needs of our ageing society.
At an experts workshop in May we investigated the cross cutting opportunities for good design, engineering and technology, not only to improve the quality of life, but also elicit significant cost savings for government and health care providers. This report pulls together the ideas discussed at this workshop and details:
- Ways in which existing technology might be better applied
- The opportunities for technology transfers across different sectors and industries
- The barriers to implementing new technologies
This evening reception will be a great chance to both learn more about the work and to network with those working in the technology and ageing space.
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL and we are unable to accept drop-ins on the day.
Please note that the BT Tower has strict security regulations:
- Delegates must register if they would like to attend this event.
- We are unable to accept drop-ins on the day.
- All attendees are required to provide photo ID on arrival and will also pass through an airport style security check.
More information about these security procedures will be sent closer to the event date.
We look forward to welcoming you on the 13th July 2015
Alan Howard, The Institution of Engineering and Technology
David Sinclair, International Longevity Centre - UK
John Clarkson, Engineering Design Centre University of Cambridge